Charlie Willis

Charlie Willis
This is me

Thursday, November 4, 2010

BP_5_Flicker

     I would like to take a minute and tell you how easy it was to create and start uploading pictures to Flickr. Flickr is a Web 2.0 tool that allows you to see photos and videos of other members and also you can upload your own too. I created this account in about ten minutes and I have already uploaded 13 pictures of NYC and my kids.
    When you first go to the Flickr page and create an account, you can use your Yahoo ID to sign up. This was easy for me since I already had a Yahoo email account, but if you do not, it is a really easy task. Once you have signed up, there is a start page that allows you to instantly start uploading photos. After you have selected and uploaded your photos, you can add tags, make sets, create a group, and tell about the pictures that you have just uploaded. If you follow the link to my photos, you will see the photos that I have uploaded in just this short time.
    I have an idea for using this in my classroom setting. Once we have done a show, there are always tons of pictures that I take, parents take, and cast and crew take. One thing that Flickr would allow us to do is to upload those pictures to one album and then we could allow comments on each picture in the album. I put a picture of the cast of AIDA which I directed in the Spring of 2010. The neat thing is that I could have my students follow me on Flickr and then they would be allowed to make comments on any picture that they saw that was mine.
     If you create a Flickr account, make sure you add me as a friend and I would like to add you as well. Until next time...... Charlie

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing charlie... sounds like a great personal tool. Not sure how i could use it in the classroom. Your idea was great but being a math teacher and all i never really take any pictures of my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie, I agree with Megan, this is a great personal tool. I think that it might be a tool useful for photography instructors and teachers of visual media. Do you have any ideas as to how teachers in the core content areas could use this tool?

    ReplyDelete