Charlie Willis

Charlie Willis
This is me

Friday, November 5, 2010

PE4_Garageband

     This is a screen shot from my garageband, and I want to tell you a little about it. Garageband is a music program on Mac that is a very cool tool. There are a number of things in Garageband that would be beneficial in the music theater, most notably the podcasting. I could see a great benefit to podcasting in music theater and using that as a means to deliver character development, costuming, making notes on video or pictures that are posted to the music theater website. Garageband also fosters creativity, and since I teach music theater, I could see using this as a rehearsal tool for creating an accompaniment and uploading it to the website so that students could use it as a rehearsal help. There would be a way to work in each part in Garageband so that each member in the chorus could hear their individual part and then how their part fits in with the others.
     Another way that Garageband could be used in the music theater classroom is to use it when I teach my play writing portion of my curriculum. Students could either use it as a music composition tool, since there are provisions to record you playing instruments, or as a podcasting tool again where students could record a scene in a play that has no music to help with memorization and flow. Garageband is a user friendly application and I know that it could be a benefit to students and myself in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment