Charlie Willis

Charlie Willis
This is me

Friday, June 17, 2011

Week 3 response to Ali Weinreb

Ali's original post:

I love Rule number 6! I try to add humor to my everyday life because sometimes life does get too serious and routine. People do have to lighten up sometimes so if I can crack a joke or a “one liner” at work with co-workers or outside of work with friends, I do. I think it’s important to break the tension or stress of everyday life.

I think educators should do this as often as possible as well. It will keep students engaged and motivated while in their classroom. It will make the teacher stand out to other teachers who are boring or just lecture etc. If you can make a class laugh or relate to you, the odds of them listening to you and keeping their attention become greater.

Accepting things for what they are is a huge thing to do in one’s life. I say this all the time accept it and move on. People waste so much time and energy thinking about what they can’t control or “what ifs.” If people spent all that energy on accepting it and moving on I think people would be a happier.

I believe without passion you have nothing. I love how the author defines the two steps of giving way to passion.

1. The first step is to notice where you are holding back, and let go. Release those barriers of self that keep you separate and in control, and let the vital energy of passion surge through you, connecting you to all beyond.

I can’t agree more. I think fear is the number one factor that holds people back from really being their true self. Once that fear is gone you can focus on what makes you happy the passion everyone seeks.

2. The second step is to participate wholly. Allow yourself to be a channel to shape the stream of passion into a new expression for the world.

Once you let everything go and do what it is you love the world will benefit from it no matter what is it might be.

My Response:
Ali,
I am so impressed by your post and how you have applied the concepts the authors were talking about...probably without even knowing that you did. I have always thought that humor is a great asset and I really feel that humor can help teach a subject. I know that when you start teaching, you are going to be great because you "get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment